- Make a copy of your wt3 master with a new project name.
- Create a new database to match your new project.
- Open the new project, enhance, publish, test, etc.
- Make a copy of your wt3 master with a new project name. An easy way to make a copy is to use the batch file named "copy_a5project.bat" (found in the Extras folder).
- Use the appropriate SQL script to build a new database to use with your new project. The database is typically named the same as the Alpha Five project.
- Open your new project using the latest version of Alpha Five V11 or V12 and go to the Web Projects Control Panel.
- Go to Tools > AlphaDAO Connection Strings... and set the connection string to point to your new SQL database.
- You may find an existing connection string named "conn". The Framework uses "conn" as the connection string. It is possible to use a different one for your application, but you will likely run into difficulties if you need to integrate databases with different connection string names.
- Open the Profile named Local Webroot and ensure you have a value for the Target Folder.
- As shipped, the target folder is named "wt3" but you should modify it be the same as your new project name.
- Test your new project by publishing to the Local Webroot. Be sure to publish all files -- click Clear History, Publish Web Security Data Tables, and select Index.a5w as the Page to Show.
- Allow the index.a5w page to open in your browser.
- If the website fails to appear or shows an error, be sure that all folders and files have been published.